Losing someone in a tragic accident is something no one ever expects to be faced with. Although we are aware of the fact that accidents are extremely common on our roadways today, we never anticipate that one of our loved ones will become a victim of a car crash. Sadly, because we don’t plan for these types of incidences, we are often left searching for answers following the crash and unsure of who to turn to for them.
The fact is, aside from the mental anguish you might be left with following your loved one’s death, you may also find yourself asking how you are now going to afford your monthly expenses without your loved one there to provide you with the financial support they were able to give. If you and/or your family was financially dependent upon this person or their death has led to you being unable to work, things may not only be difficult for you on a personal level, but also on a financial one as well.
It is for this reason that we encourage you to contact Shreveport, LA car accident attorney Ross Downs as we can help address some of the concerns you might have. Aside from that, we can help you recover compensation that although won’t change the outcome of the wreck, can help make this time a little easier for you and your family to get through.
While our firm can pursue the liable parties for the compensation you might need right now along with the justice you deserve, there are other ways you can recoup the funds you might be needing. Many families who lose a loved one in a car wreck often start a GoFundMe account in an effort to help raise money for the expenses that have accrued following the crash. Whether the money is needed to cover funeral expenses, medical bills, or just to afford the cost of living while you go through the grieving process, starting a GoFundMe may serve as a form of temporary financial relief until you get back on your feet.
How do I start a GoFundMe account to raise money after losing someone close to me in an accident?
There are many types of GoFundMe accounts you can start, however, given the circumstances, you might look into one that focuses on tragedy fundraising. Here’s how you can begin your GoFundMe account so that you can begin raising money to help cover the various expenses you are now required to pay but are unable to.
- The first thing you need to do is come up with a goal. How much do you need in order to cover the expenses that have accrued?
- Tell your story. Before people will donate to your fundraiser, they want to know more about who you are and where their money is going. As difficult as it might be to recollect details from the incident, you do want to help the public understand why you need their assistance.
- You can add a picture or video if you choose with your fundraiser so the public can visually see who they are helping.
- After your fundraiser is set up, you can share it with friends and family. You can share it via email, text message, and even on social media. The more people your story touches, the greater chance you will meet or exceed your goal.
- Once donations are made, you will want to accept them, thank the donors, and withdraw the funds so that they can be used to cover the expenses you initially began raising the money for.
If you are ready to start your GoFundMe account, click here.
Life can be rather difficult after losing someone we love to an accident that was preventable which is why you should take advantage of all the support that is out there and available to you. And if you would like to begin receiving the support and guidance The Downs Law Firm can provide you with, don’t hesitate to call us at 318-284-8551 for more information.
You can reach The Downs Law Firm at:
517 North Washington Street
Bastrop, LA 71220
4214 Hwy 165 N.
Monroe, LA 71203