Dedicated Personal Injury Attorneys Protecting Your Rights

Do You Have The Symptoms Of Spinal Cord Damage?

Last updated on May 9, 2022

You survived a painful accident, and, since then, you have not felt the same. You may feel stiffness in your neck and back. Perhaps you have difficulty balancing and walking. Or, maybe your extremities have frequent numbness or tingling.

These are all signs of a spinal cord injury. At Downs Law Firm in Bastrop, we can help you determine whether you have spinal cord damage; then, we can fight for you to recover the maximum compensation available to you. We have successfully represented thousands of injured clients throughout Louisiana.

What Are The Signs & Symptoms Of Spinal Cord Damage?

The signs of an injury may not appear until several weeks or months after an accident, and spinal cord injuries are no different. If you were in an accident, you may have incurred a spinal cord injury if you have experienced any of the following symptoms:

  • Loss of balance
  • Difficulty walking
  • Paralysis of the limbs
  • Numbness or tingling in the limbs and extremities
  • Headaches
  • Pain, numbness, tingling or stiffness in the neck and back

If you experience any one of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. Then, consider your legal options if you wish to seek compensation for your damages.

Remember — Not All Injuries Show Up Immediately

Even if your accident happened a long time ago, you may still have a case. The symptoms of a spinal cord injury may not manifest immediately after an accident. Explaining the timeline of your accident to our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you determine whether you are still eligible for compensation.

Talk With An Attorney In A Free Consultation

If you live in Louisiana, Arkansas or Mississippi and believe that you have a spinal cord injury, contact Downs Law Firm and schedule a free, no-risk and no-obligation consultation. In a meeting with our lawyer, you can ask your questions and discuss your case. To schedule your free consultation, contact our firm by calling 318-284-8551 or by completing our online intake form.